Medical Specialised Areas
Our Services at a Glance:
Drug Information and Advice
- Collection, evaluation and dissemination of information on drugs
- Processing of requests of doctors and nursing staff regarding dosage, side-effects, risks, compatibility, etc.
- Preparations of drug comparisons• Research into computerised databases (MEDLINE, Drugdex, specialised information)
- Preparation and leadership of the Drug Commission
- Generation and updating of the in-house medication list
- Generation and updating of cytostatic therapy schemes
Pharmaceutical Purchasing and Logistics
- Direct purchasing from about 150 pharmaceutical manufacturers and from pharmaceutical wholesalers
- Member of the purchasing community, AGKAMED
- Price and quality comparisons, market analyses, contract conclusions, supplier assessment
- Qualitative and quantitative stock assurance, planning ahead of the pharmaceutical range
- EDP-supported warehouse optimisation in the pharmacy warehouse, in the units and functional areas
Medicine Manufacturing and Analytics
- Preparation of infusions and injections for our cancer patients under sterile conditions
- Manufacturing patient-individual formulations, e.g. dermatological preparations
- Manufacturing of larger initial solutions, such as rinsing solutions and oral care solutions
- Testing of raw materials for the in-house production
- Inspection of pharmaceutical products from our own production for identity and content
- Testing of the finished medicines
- Central medicine admission in trauma surgical, orthopaedic and urological patients
- Unit pharmacist at the surgical units of our hospital as a point of contact for all medicine-related questions, change of medication from the family doctor prescribed medication to the in-clinic medication
- Organisation of medicine stocks on the units by pharmacy personnel (PTA/PCA), the so-called "Mannheim model"
- Publication of summary tables (e.g. on pathogen resistance, dosage recommendations for the antibiotic therapy with renal failure and haemodialysis, antibiotics and anti-hypertensive agents in pregnancy and lactation, probe movement rate of Peroralia, ACE inhibitors, insulin)
- Participation in the generation of in-house Oncology Guidelines
- Participation in the preparation of internal guidelines, e.g. "Parenteral nutrition", "Enteral nutrition", "Venous thromboembolism", "Pain therapy"
Education, Continued Education and Advanced Training
- Training of pharmacy interns (= prospective pharmacists in the 3rd training period in accordance with the regulations for the licensing) and student interns: Training plan for pharmacy interns
- Lectureship at the in-house school of nursing
- Lectures within the framework of the in-house advanced training sessions (cytostatics, clinical nutrition, dealing with drugs, assessment of renal function, anti-hypertensives, diuretics)
- Advanced training of pharmacists in the subject "Clinical pharmacy"
- Publications and poster presentations
The leadership of the Drug Commission and participation in hospital committees: Chief Doctors Conference, Hygiene Commission, Transfusion Commission, Oncology Working Group.
Bettina Ellmann (PTA)
Phone (06 21) 424-4223
Phone (06 21) 424-4224
Fax (06 21) 424-4225